Are you a passionate Python Developer looking to build upon cutting-edge research?
Looking to take responsibility for development of brand-new features for our core product, using innovative location technology?
Want to be involved in making a real difference in the workflow and effieciency within hospitals?
We’d love to talk to you about the Python development opportunity we have here at Navenio!
As Python Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of server-side features, for a Cloud-based product (AWS).
The Python developer will take responsibility for architecture of their own projects and working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary teams. Not just writing the code but defining the cloud architecture it will be running on.
You’ll be responsible for maintain the product, building the support infrastructure to test and deploy the product. Making use of popular CI tools like Jenkins CI, and deployment tools like Helm and Terraform. As well as linking the product to our metrics tools like Grafana and Victorops.
While previous experience isn’t required with everything here, you’ll be working within a development environment using the following tools:
- Kubernetes managed with helm
- Multiple AWS products and services all managed through Terraform
- Python; with use of django, tornado, pytest, boto, and pika
- Jenkins CI and git
- Metrics & monitoring tools; grafana, prometheus, victorops.
We’re looking for a Python Developer with a wide breadth and depth of knowledge in development. With experience of designing, building and running low latency, scalable, reliable and secure Cloud-based systems for a large number of users.
While we’d love experience of everything on this list, we’d like to hear from you if you have a good level of even half of this experience!
- Solid experience in designing, building and running low latency, scalable, reliable and secure cloud-based systems for a large number of users
- Good experience of designing scalable RDBMS and NoSQL databases (eg MongoDB, Redis).
- Proficient in Python with solid commercial experience.
- Good knowledge of back-end systems and RESTful architectures exposing APIs to mobile apps.
- Experience of using AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Experience of building and running containerised applications.
- Experience of web frameworks (eg Django, Flask, Tornado).
- Proven ability to deliver commercial software to deadlines.
- Exposure to git, testing frameworks and continuous integration.
- Great team player with excellent communication skills and work ethic.
- Flexible, dedicated and curious.
We’d particularly love it if you have:
- Prior experience of coordinating activities both within and across teams
- Knowledge of or experience with React or other client-side application
- Experience of working with agile project management frameworks
Navenio are filling a massive gap in the market for indoor location services, be part of a team who develop smartphone based indoor localisation technology. While the technology could be beneficial to many market sectors, Navenio are focussing on bringing this innovative, infrastructure free technology to healthcare services, across the UK to improve the quality of healthcare services and lower healthcare costs for society.
Benefits of working with Navenio are not just working within a great team to build awesome products; there are budgets for training, conferences and books. You’re given responsibility for your work and freedom to get it done whilst still having a supportive environment.
- 10% Discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Private Health
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death in Service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular company socials