Are you a passionate Python Developer looking to build upon cutting-edge research?
To take responsibility for development of brand-new features for our core product, using innovative location technology?
Want to be involved in making a real difference to workforce efficiency within hospitals?
We’d love to talk to you about the Python development opportunity we have here at Navenio!
As Software Developer you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of server-side features, for a Cloud-based product.
You will take responsibility for the software architecture of your own projects and will work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams. Not just writing the code but defining the cloud architecture it will be running on.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining the product and building the support infrastructure to test it and deploy it while coordinating with the DevOps team.
While previous experience isn’t required with everything in the list bellow, you’ll be working within a development environment using the following tools:
- Python 3.8+ with typehints (with use of asyncio wherever possible, FastAPI, sqlalchemy, pytest etc.)
- Postgres (mostly but other dbs occasionally such as Redis and MongoDB)
- Kubernetes managed with Helm
- Multiple AWS products and services managed through Terraform
- CI: Jenkins and Github Actions
- Metrics & monitoring tools: Prometheus, Grafana and Splunk On-Call (VictorOps)
We’re looking for a T-shaped software developer with a wide breadth and depth of knowledge in Object Oriented software development.
Some of the skills we’re looking for:
- Good knowledge of Software Architecture Styles and Patterns and experience using in practice some of those
- Excellent programming skills including knowledge of Software Design Patterns
- Solid experience in designing, building and running scalable, elastic, reliable and secure cloud-based systems for a large number of users
- Good experience of designing scalable RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Proficient in Python with solid commercial experience
- Experience of using AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience of building and running containerised applications
- Experience of web frameworks (e.g. FastAPI, Flask etc.)
- Proven ability to deliver commercial software to deadlines
- Exposure to git, testing frameworks and continuous integration
- Great team player with excellent communication skills and work ethic
- Flexible, dedicated and curious
- Experience writing in a statically typed programming language
- Most importantly having the knowledge and ability to weigh and describe the trade-offs when making choices, whether that’s picking an architecture style, choosing a database system or applying a design pattern and based on the trade-offs explain how a choice is made to best meet functional and non-functional requirements
We’d particularly love it if you have:
- Prior experience of coordinating activities both within and across teams
- Experience of working with agile project management frameworks
- Knowledge of or experience with React or other client-side application
Navenio are filling a massive gap in the market for indoor location services, be part of a team who develop smartphone based indoor localisation technology. While the technology could be beneficial to many market sectors, Navenio are focusing on bringing this innovative, infrastructure free technology to healthcare services, across the UK to improve the quality of healthcare services and lower healthcare costs for society.
Benefits of working with Navenio are not just working within a great team to build awesome products; there are budgets for training, conferences and books. You’re given responsibility for your work and freedom to get it done whilst still having a supportive environment.
- 10% Discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Private Health
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Life Policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular company socials